Friday, April 8, 2011

Dolci Piu

Dolci Piu is a small bakery known for cakes mainly wedding cakes. If you have a sweet tooth this is definitely where you want to be. They sell all kinds of sweet from chocolate to your favorite gelato. The atmosphere is pretty homey made me feel like I was just at home. The service wasn’t so good.

The pastry on the other hand was delicious. I had marble cheesecake with two chocolate chip short bread cookies. The cheesecake was amazing, soft and nice. When you see it, it looks small like it won’t full you but trust me that’s all you need. It tastes so good you have to eat it slow. The cookies were really good too, although I found it a bit expensive for one. One cookie cost like dollar and it was so tiny. For an entrée the price is under ten dollars but the individual price for certain items were a little expensive. The décor is very decent and homelike. With all the goodies and cakes around you it adds a little umph to the décor makes it look more exciting. When you walk in it makes you feel like a kid a again.

The service could’ve been better though, the worker didn’t seem like she knew to much about anything. That wasn’t a problem maybe if she was new. I didn’t like how every time I asked her a question she seemed frustrated and wasn’t afraid to show it. I would understand if she didn’t know, the answer, if that was the case she could’ve just said that. I asked her a question about one of the pastries, what was it and she rudely told me the name of it. I still didn’t know what it was so I asked her again nicely if she could explain what it is and she answered again even more rudely and frustrated said it was cookie from France. I guess that was all she knew about the cookie she didn’t bother to ask her co worker or anything instead she kept angrily hassling me to pay up. Another thing was that while I was eating I saw the worker handling some of the cookies, she was using something to place them but she couldn’t maneuver it properly so she used her BARE hands to touch them. I kept watching her and to my surprise without a worried look she shoved her hand in her braw and pulled it out and continued fiddling with the cookies.(not a good look)

For more info visit: http://www.dolcipiu.ca/

Food= 4 stars
Cost=$
Atmosphere= 3 thumbs up
Service= 1 thumb up

1 star = Poor, below average
2 stars = Just o.k not worth rushing back to
3 stars = Good, food is delicious
4 stars = Excellent
5 stars = Over the top, high class

$= less than 20
$$= 30-40
$$$= 40-50
$$$$= 45 or more

1 thumb = Poor
2 thumbs = O.k
3 thumbs = Great

No comments:

Post a Comment