Thursday, March 3, 2011

Kam Shing


Kam Shing is Chinese and Szechwan restaurant located on cote des neiges. They have a variety of different Chinese or Szechwan food to choose from. What I liked about this restaurant was that they serve a lot of food. The service is fast an they also do delivery. The atmosphere can get a bit noisy at times, but if you like real culinary Chinese food I suggest you come here.
I ordered the shrimp fried rice and the mixed vegetable chicken. It took around 20 minutes before I received it. Everything comes separate, the rice in one bowl and the meat in the other. One of the things I noticed was that instead of serving free water, They actually served Chinese herbal tea. When I first took a sip of I didn’t like it at al. Then something weird happened …I took another sip and another and another and another. The tea was soothing warmed up my tummy I actually ended up really liking it. I’m not a tea person but since then I find myself often buying Chinese herbal tea at the grocery store. The rice was hot and nice and every grain was cooked to perfection. The shrimps were small and their wasn’t anything special about it. It went well with the fried rice though. The chicken was pretty good, it was served in a bowl of vegetables like carrots and broccoli. Even the vegetables tasted good to me and I usually don’t like vegetables. The meat of the chicken was succulent and tasty. The sauce that came with it in the bowl of chicken and vegetables made it taste even better.

The décor could’ve been better for such a good restaurant. I found it very boring and plain. Their were no pictures on the wall or anything. The tables didn’t even have table clothes on them and those tables really needed some. The tables were plain nothing pretty. The atmosphere wasn’t really cozy or anything, it was a bit noisy at times. The staff were pretty boring and plain weren’t good at explaining what the dish contained of, the English and French was horrible pretty hard to understand anything they say. They just looked like they didn’t want to be bothered. The older staff seemed more experienced and were more outgoing. The price isn’t bad for the amount of food you receive. The meat, rice/noodles , soups etc all have their own price ranging from ten to twenty dollars per entrée. This type of restaurant is more for groups or families and the dress is casual. Overall great restaurant food wise.
Notices
  • Delivery
  • Large amount of food
  •  
Food= 3 stars
Cost= $,$$
Atmosphere= 1 thumb up
Service= 1 thumb up
1 star = Poor, below average
2 stars = Just o.k not worth rushing back to
3 stars = Good, food is delicious
4 stars = Excellent
5 stars = Over the top, high class

$= less than 20
$$= 30-40
$$$= 40-50
$$$$= 45 or more

1 thumb = Poor
2 thumbs = O.k
3 thumbs = Great


No comments:

Post a Comment